These events are for anyone interested in food sustainability and who wants to share and learn about urban development and food innovation in the urban field. The focus of the event series as of now:
- How does a local food system impact urban development?
- What new opportunities for sustainability exist?
- Where can job-creators, governments and consumers make positive change in their choices?
- Are recent innovations more than just consumer trends?
- Is Vegan, Local or BIO enough as an answer?
- What steps need to be taken to create a more sustainable food system?
The current lineup, for future events includes
- Zero packaging in the real world
- LocalChampions.de ( https://localchampions.de/ ) – The local food buyers and producer’s community of Berlin
- • Alternatives for packaging materials for fresh food Sustainability vs. culinary (local chefs and experiences with sustainable cuisine)
- Insects in the food system?
- Architecture – how buildings can support local food production in cities
- Global Impact – Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore, Guangzhou, … .Moscow, Paris, New York
- Fresh food in deserts; The World Food Program – Health and Sustainable Food in Rural and Remote Areas
More to come…?
At this Meetup, hosted by eLAB and Farmlyplace, we will hear from experts and innovators in the urban food supply who are trying to achieve a more sustainable approach, either in their own businesses as buyers and suppliers, local initiatives or through policy change.
This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)